MilkWorks is a nonprofit comprehensive community breastfeeding center committed to helping families in our community. We offer a full range of services, programs and products at our brick and mortar locations in Lincoln & Omaha. We love getting out in the community to collaborate with organizations, hospitals & worksites!
MilkWorks values working with employers to enhance their breastfeeding support and breast pump resource list. We are deeply passionate about families in our community and we have much to offer both new and seasoned families, including:
- Breast Pumps (we're in-network with all major private insurance & file directly through insurance!)
- Breastfeeding Consultations with an IBCLC
- Weekly Mom’s Groups
- Baby Weigh Station
- A large selection of breastfeeding, pumping & baby related retail
When breastfeeding is supported in the workplace, employees are more productive, healthcare costs are lower, there is decreased absenteeism and decreased staff turnover. MilkWorks understands the importance of supporting breastfeeding in the workplace and we are here to help you navigate the process and be prepared! We offer:
- Worksite Lactation Room/HR Policy Consultations
- Breast pump coverage information & insurance filing
- Medela Symphony breast pump rental for onsite employee use
- Return to Work class (offered 1-2 times monthly at each MilkWorks location)
Personal Use Pump at Hospitals
MilkWorks collaborates with Children's Hospital, Nebraska Medicine, Grand Island Medical Center, Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center, and Mary Lanning Healthcare to provide high quality, double electric breast pumps* to their patients after delivery. Patients are able to obtain a high quality breast pump along with full instruction on how to most effectively use it. This is especially helpful to moms with language and/or transportation barriers.
*MilkWorks is in-network with all major private insurance plans and Nebraska Medicaid plans for Personal Use Pumps.
Breast Pump & Baby Weigh Stations
MilkWorks partners with the following organizations to provide breast pumps/education as part of already existing breastfeeding outreach:
- North Omaha – Douglas County Health Department WIC at Charles Drew
- El Centro de las Américas - serving the Hispanic/Latino community in Lincoln and surrounding areas by providing quality social, health, and human services.
- Indian Health Services - Winnebago Tribe