Job Title: Breastfeeding Educator
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Breastfeeding Educator Team Lead
Job Description: The Breastfeeding Educators (BEs) at MilkWorks will greet clients & customers, schedule consultation appointments, help parents with drop in weight checks, provide general breastfeeding information, provide education on breast pumps/breastfeeding supplies and support mission related retail. They will work as a team with the Site Director and Lactation Consultants. This job requires 20-24 hours worked within 2-4 days per week, including at least two Saturdays per month.
Essential Characteristics & Requirements
The BEs will be the first contact that a new mother/family has with MilkWorks. A basic knowledge of breastfeeding, a passion for working with new families, and a commitment to the mission of MilkWorks is vital. Additional requirements for the position include the ability to:
- Approach and assist clients in a comfortable, compassionate and friendly manner,
- Be responsible and on time, follow through with commitments, and work as a team
- Effectively multi-task,
- Be comfortable with technology (email, scan, FAX, POS).
- Schedule appointments and check in clients for the lactation consultants.
- Assist parents with drop in weight checks.
- Provide general breastfeeding information according to MilkWorks protocols.
- Assist with Durable Medical Equipment (DME) procedure and insurance forms; make sure the forms are completed correctly and submitted to MilkWorks billing staff for insurance reimbursement.
- Possess a familiarity with breastfeeding supplies, including how to use a breast pump and how to fit a nursing bra.
- Attend occasional morning or evening MilkWorks staff meetings
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.