Medical Need Rental Pumps
The Medela Symphony is a medical need, multiuser rental pump designed especially for families with babies who are not feeding well. It is a closed system which prevents air or milk flow into the motor. The Symphony is a very effective pump for initiating a milk supply or pumping exclusively when baby is not going to breast.
The pump requires:
- A one-time purchase of a personal pump kit. If you used a Symphony in the hospital and you have the kit, you do not need to purchase an additional kit.
- A prescription from your health care provider.
- Because of demand, the Symphony is subject to availability based upon medical need.
- Insurance coverage is limited to babies with Medicaid insurance or mothers with Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
- Rental pumps are available for rent by the week ($32) or the month ($107).
MilkWorks is a rental station for the Medela Baby Weigh, a high-quality digital baby scale. Please call to check availability as our inventory of scales is limited.
- Scales are available for rent by the week ($32) or the month ($107)